Terms & Conditions
- Once the details of your sporting holiday has been agreed, you will receive an e-mail with an Invoice and/or Contract. A 50% deposit of the total amount is payable within 10 days from the invoice/contractual date. Failure to pay on time may result in the sport being offered elsewhere with the full invoice/contractual amount payable to Direct Sporting Lets. Please note that a letter or an e-mail from you confirming your holiday with reference to what has been mutually agreed, is binding, even if you have not yet received an Invoice and/or Contract.
- The balance of the invoice/contract must be paid at least four weeks prior to your arrival. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the reservation and the loss of the total invoiced amount.
- On confirmation of a booking less than eight weeks prior to arrival, a full payment is required
Method of payment: By Bank Transfer or pound sterling cash to Direct Sporting Lets.
- Deer Stalking:
Wounded or lost animals must be paid for in full plus the loss of meat revenue as assessed by the estate or stalker in charge. The same may apply to the loss of meat revenue due to shooting an animal in the haunch/saddle.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that bag expectations are realistic and attainable within the period of the holiday, no guarantee is given or implied. Neither Direct Sporting Lets nor their agents can accept any liability for shortfalls in the bag.
- Cancellation by client:
Where a booking has been cancelled by the client or deemed cancelled due to failure to pay the invoice by the due date, the full contractual amount will become payable and we reserve the right to re-let the sport at the best price obtainable. Whilst every effort will be made to re-let, only if this is successful will a refund be made after deducting our expenses.
Alterations occurring after the original booking has been made and deposits paid will be subject to availability. If it is not possible to make these alterations and we are unable to uphold our obligations to the estates, hotels etc. the contract will be considered cancelled and the full contractual amount deemed payable (see clause 7). Any alterations made after booking may be subject to a charge of GBP80.00 per person.
- Cancellation by the Estates:
In the event of cancellation by the estate prior to the commencement of the sport, the contract will be declared null and void and any money already paid will be refunded to the client after deducting our expenses. Once the holiday has commenced the estates will adhere to their commitments as far as possible, irrespective of weather conditions, but any decision to abandon the sport is entirely at their discretion and any refund will be subject to negotiation.
- Codes of Practice:
Shooting clients will receive a Code of Practice pertaining to their sport along with their holiday documents. These codes are designed for the protection of all parties involved and should be adhered to. Persistent infringement, particularly on safety matters, renders the holiday liable to immediate cancellation at the discretion of the Estate with no obligation for a refund.
Direct Sporting Lets shall not be liable for any indirect loss or for any liability in case of injury or accident however caused. High seats are regularly maintained but are used by clients entirely at their own risk. Neither Direct Sporting Lets nor the estate concerned can be held responsible for any injury resulting from their use.
- Force Majeure:
There will be no liability on the part of Direct Sporting Lets, or their agents where cancellation or disruption of a holiday occurs due to an Act of God, War, Strikes, Civil Commotion, Storm, Fire, Flood, Government Legislation or other occurrences outside the control of Direct Sporting Lets.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed according to the Laws of Scotland.
- Payment of deposit is deemed to imply your acceptance of all our terms and conditions as set out above.